Friday, November 13, 2009

Portfolio Review 2009


Here are 4 of 30(roughly) presentation boards.


Ah, Portfolio Review 2009 is officially over with.  Yesterday, I walked into the room with my three judges who made nerve-easing(is that a word?) small talk with me while I set up my presentation boards. Review went much faster than I imagined and luckily my nerves didn't catch up with me. I did forget to breath in the beginning but I didn't stumble over any words or forget my place.  After they privately reviewed my work and discussed my progress throughout the past year and a half, I was asked to come back in the room. I was so nervous about what they would say since many of my friends have gotten their hearts ripped apart by the judges. They started it off with, "we feel like your work has stood out above the rest today because you have taken your own photos. We hope that you continue to go in that direction." Next they started the 'constructive criticism', which isn't always very constructive. The first suggestion I was given was that I need to research more color palettes to steer me away from continually using orange which I had noted earlier in my presentation. The only other suggestion was that they would like me to take another 3-dimensional class like ceramics or sculpture to enhance my knowledge about working 3-dimensionally. Thankfully this was only a suggestion so instead of taking a class, I may try to work in another product design piece into my portfolio.


Well, I think I will just take my above average score and my checkbox marked 'recommend to continue.' Now I can be thankful for the progress I have made and I look forward to see where this may take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment