Friday, February 26, 2010

Testing 1, 2, 3...


I  feel like this past week was a test. I have never been so stressed out over school; I nearly had an anxiety attack in one of my classes. One of the nights I managed an hour of sleep, another was 3 hours, and everything in between consisted of 5 hours. It doesn't help that my stomach medication makes me extremely tired. Well I attempted to finish graphic design projects, finished photography projects, took a test, and wrote a horribly developed paper. Either way, these next two weeks I will be taking day by day, since It is now midterms. Ugh, I need a break.

Lately I've been learning the language of HTML and CSS. I never though the web had it's own language, but apparently it does. I guess the one thing to look forward to is that once midterms are done I will have my school website(that I created and designed) to show you all! So far, It is looking pretty awesome. Now I wish I was more fluent in Adobe Flash and could do some cool buttons and animations for the site. I should be at that point in a few months.

Other than school, I am excited where God is taking me. I have been listening and praying about some opportunities this summer am going to put my self out there. I never thought I would be doing photography, but it seems like God wants me to learn more. I have never advertised myself to gain the clients that I have and I have never considered myself a company. I have been blessed with he opportunities that have came up. Working at the photography studio was an amazing experience; I learned so much about processing, presentation, and working with clients. All of the families and weddings that I have shot and have booked have been purely word of mouth, college friends, or family. I guess this is how I want it for now since this is not what I have planned to do. The mind-set I have about my future is this:  Ideally I would like to work in a graphic design firm. While working for this firm I want to have the skills know web design and photography. My plan is to take the knowledge of working with photography clients and create a portfolio so that I will be doing all of the photography for the firm that I work for. Then, to make myself even busier, my idea is that since I will have weekends off, I can do a few weddings a year, or portraits on the side. I don't know if if this is where God is taking me still, but right now I will soak up all the knowledge that I can about all of these fields. 

I'm excited about what is happening in my life right now! Learning web design, editing a two winter wedding(photos coming soon), booking engagements, families, and wedding for the summer. Last but not least, my month long trip to Scotland is coming up in 3 months! I have my goals for everything set high, and am so excited to see where they take me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment