Wednesday, June 2, 2010

One


May 31 - June 1st

Well, day one of traveling is going to include all of our plane rides and our first day in Glasgow, Scotland. First of all, traveling went wonderfully and with ease. Nothing went wrong except for one student had an anxiety attack on the place. On my end, I got to watch 'New Moon' and played plenty of solitaire.

Once we arrived in Glasgow, we checked into the Holiday Inn Express(how original) and then ventured around the city to find some pub that served a some sort of amazing meat pie. Well, needless to say, that didn't sound so appealing so I enjoyed a burger and chips(fries).

No one was used to the six hour time difference so Sarah and I took a lil cat nap, two hours to be exact. Soon after we peeled our sleep deprived bodies out of our beds and went on a photo walk with my roommates(Tiffany and Sarah). I soon discovered that their chinese food is nothing like Chine King, it may have somewhat to do with the fact that is was a fast food chinese place.

The night was finished with a night walk along the river and finished off with my first night of sleep in a foreign country. I did realize that the sun is up high in the sky by 5AM and I have no idea why.

Peace and Love,
Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment