Sunday, June 27, 2010

twenty-6

June 26th


Day 26


Apparently Holland likes hard boiled eggs. I've never went to a hotel breakfast and instead of a hot plate of scrambled eggs, they have a hot plate of hard boiled eggs. I improvised and mashed them with a fork and put them on my croissant. Delicious. We were off to the Vincent Van Gogh museum which is probably one of my favorite historic painters, although I'm not a huge fan of historic paintings. I grabbed a sandwich and Fanta from a street vendor and we were off to a Canal Cruise which was amazing. It was amazing to see Amsterdam from the grungy-beautiful canals. I felt like I was in Venice. 


Soon after, Sarah, Julian, Justin, and decided to zig zag our way through a shopping district and go to a market. Well, shopping didn't go too hot. One person in our group had to stop at every shop we went into and strike up conversation(aka flirt) with a clerk for 45 minutes. It didn't help that I was hungry and crabby, but tiramisu ice cream made me feel slightly better. Luckily, we made it to the market just as it was closing. There was everything from dresses to cheese. I forgot how much I missed fruit so when we saw all the fresh fruit and vegetable stands we went nuts! I purchased a brown paper bag full of sugar snap peas(grandma Pearl's are still way better) and the rest indulged themselves in the best strawberries ever. After we got back to the Hotel we didn't really do anything. We have been so rushed and tired since it's really hot that everyone seems really lazy.


Traci


It's a grungy-beautiful city

No comments:

Post a Comment