Sunday, June 27, 2010

twenty-2

June 22nd, 2010


Day 22

Sarah, Justin, Julian, and I needed to see what the city of Glasgow was really about. We climbed up all of the steep streets to the top of the city to visit the Glasgow School of Art and Design where I bought a canvas tote, awesome wallet, and some other random things. The headed to The show at the CCA which was very interesting and object is the only way to describe it. None of the pieces had title or descriptions so it was pretty frustrating. Then, we had to stroll through a really nice park including a skate park full of graffiti and kids that wanted their photos taken! Sadly I only had my film cameras, but Sarah and Julian had a lot of fun getting some action shots. Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum was next followed by the Hunterian Museum which was home to the Mackintosh House. When we were all museumed out Julian and I took the subway back to our hotel.

Supper was something I had never experienced before. Since Sarah is a vegetarian and I am not, she was a little hesitant to ask to go to a vegetarian restaurant for supper. Little did she know I love trying new vegetarian dishes! So, Julian came along with us for some company. The appetizer was abourgines (eggplant) with peppers and a touch of lemon. My main meal was Gnochi with pesto, and dessert was a slice of lemon-blueberry cake. Delicious!

Traci



inside of the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum


I only took 9 photos today. I guess I needed a day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment