Sunday, June 27, 2010

twenty-5

June 25th, 2010


Day 25


Good morning Amsterdam! First on the agenda was the Heineken Experience with most of our group and the professors! Extremely cool place with a movie/ride where they 'Brew You'. I got to learn how to taste beer and we finished the 'experience' with two free drinks at their state-of-the-art bar. I got a few souvenirs for my brother and off Sarah and I went to browse the city on our own! We learned that Scotland does not have bagels which was extremely sad so we were overjoyed when we found a bagel shop!


So far Amsterdam is a little overwhelming since their main way of transportation is bikes. This would be fine except you can hear them coming and they don't obey traffic signals or yield for pedestrians. This is the order that a person has to watch for when crossing the street and in this order:


bikes
scooters
cars
trams
cars
scooters
bikes


Between each lane of those listed is a little pedestrian stop which means, runs across one lane, wait, next lane, wait, and repeat until you cross the street. It's a little hectic and overwhelming! Hopefully I get used to this. 


The rest of the day we tried to avoid the heat and made continuous trip to our un-airconditioned hotel. I think I may need to buy a few dresses or something so I don't die from this heat. I probably should have packed some cooler clothes for this.


Traci


bike parking

No comments:

Post a Comment