Sunday, June 27, 2010

twenty-7

June 27th, 2010


Day 27


Lately it's been really frustrating exploring the city in a group. I've gotten frustrated at people walking to slow, bathroom breaks, everyone has different interests or cravings. It doesn't help that it's so hot out, either! So I decided to have a day for myself. I slept in, took the tram to a shopping center/market, went to a camera store, and had a delicious salad at a wonderful cafe. The waiter even talked politely to me(waiters are really rude here), asked me how my food was(they usually could care less here), and had a chat with me about Amsterdam. It was really nice to see that this city has someone who is genuinely kind. After all of that I went to the a photography museum called FOAM(photography is spelled with and 'f' here). There was everything from fashion, celebrities, and nudes.


Once I came back to the hotel I enjoyed some itunes time to myself and caught up with all of my blogging! Sorry it took a while to get caught up. Oops! Grabbed a bite to eat at a restaurant with some friends and had a caesar salad. I was so excited to have a salad with REAL salad dressing and not vinaigrettes. I was really enjoying it until someone mentioned that it tasted a little fishy, only to realize they make their caesar dressing with anchovies. *sigh* I still finished it, but I had bad thoughts in my head the whole time. I still decided to take the night off from going out with everyone so I stayed back and talked with Bob(our professor) on the stoop while he smoked. Another pretty uneventful day, but I cannot wait to get back to the US. The language barrier and craziness of the city is getting overwhelming. Only one more ful day of Amsterdam and I'll be headed home(if thats what you call all of my belongings stuffed in a garage and a house completely bare). I wish I was back in Scotland! 


Traci


It was yet another day that I didn't want to carry my digital camera
 around so I took film photos. Sorry no daily photo today! Since
 tomorrow is my last day I will take some!

No comments:

Post a Comment