Friday, June 18, 2010

Seventeen

June 17th, 2010

Day 17

I'm rooming with Amanda, Ingrid, and Billie which is a really nice and quiet change. I needed to take a step away from some of the drama filled women. After our Chicken noodle soup lunch which was made from chicken from a can(terrible), We went explored rocks, beaches, and drove through incredible mountains(eve up in the clouds).  Our hostel is a fishing theme fully equipped with child-like bunkbeds, ship-like doors, driftwood decorations, and some porthole windows.  While driving, we almost ran into a ridiculous amount of sheep which roam free around here, got in multiple car accidents since roads don't have lanes, and found many jellyfish on the beach. It's crazy to see how the land here is so similar to Alaska. The weather is amazing(light sweatshirt jacket weather). I thought it was really interesting that in all of Scotland the sun sets around midnight and rises at 2AM; I had never expected that! The roads here are so intense since there aren't any lanes so when a car meets another there isn't anywhere to move over with no shoulders(instead they occasionally have 'passing places'). Also the roads are continuously going up, down, and winding around the mountains, but it creates the best views! The teachers cooked up some beef stroganoff and I helped with dishes since I am on dishes duty for the day. After we all enjoyed lounging around the lofted living room to bluegrass music and card games. I had the perfect end to the night with Noah reading a Bible story(Matthew 13) to Katie and I and finished with talking about the amazing things God can do through people. I'm really starting to miss my family, friends, and animals! I love you all so much! 

Traci

I'm really curious to see how my roommates unpacked our Fargo house. I'm going to have so much work ahead of me when I get back since all of my belongings(bed, clothes, and more) are all stored in the garage while my room is completely bare. Oh, goodness







No comments:

Post a Comment